Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kittens!



My cat finally had kittens! Yeah! I was pretty excited. We were gone when my cat gave birth, and got a Facebook message from the person caring for them. Five kittens were born,  and three have survived (so far). By now they are almost a week old, and getting bigger every day! I walked in to check on them today, and was surprised to see that one had grown about twice as big as the other two. I think (the big one) is a boy and the other two are girls, although I’m not very experienced in telling cat genders.=) I also am not sure because I can’t hold them yet because they’re pretty little still!  The bigger one is light brown with darker brown speckles. One of the other ones is gray with white markings and has brown ears (or some other dark color, I can’t really tell.) and the other is chocolate brown with lighter brown stripes.  I took pictures of them, but they are very blurry because my cat carried them over to a dark corner under some boards. I didn’t want to use flash either because Missy seemed pretty uncomfortable with just the camera near the kittens. Here are some of them:


The first day=)

Five days later=)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I still haven't named them yet, and probably won't start thinking of them until they're older. I don't want to get attached to them until it's looking like they'll live until adults. Blaize wants to keep one, but I don't know if he'll be allowed to, seeing as he already has two cats. I kind of want to keep one if they survive, but I also don't want to have to pay for more food, shots, etc!=)   Thanks for reading!
Natalie=)
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. They HAVE grown!! awwwww even in the pictures they're SO CUTE!!! :) :) Don't go showing those to my siblings- they'll be begging to bring them home and my mom won't like that very much:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awww, hope they all make it to adulthood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm sorry 2 of them didn't survive. But how fun to have kittens! Will you keep them if they live?

    ReplyDelete