Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Zentangles

Hello there! If you read the title, you’re probably wondering what in the world a zentangle is. A zentangle is a form of art. It’s kind of like a mix between patterns, doodling, and also abstract art. Why do I like it? I don’t like to sit still. I usually doodle during lectures, sermons, and anything else where I’m sitting with my hands, and have nothing to do. I sometimes take notes, but I have a hard time writing down what the teacher is saying while paying attention to her talking. My notes just end up with doodles on them too.=) I’m not good at it, but it’s fun to try out. Zentangles are like a more complicated version of doodling. They’re a series of patterns put together in pictures. Here are some of the patterns you might include:
All sizes | A Few of My Favorite Tangles | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
These are some of the simpler patterns (yeah, I’m not quite there yet!) that you can use. You can really use any pattern you want. That’s what I like about it. There are so many combinations, endless patterns to choose from, different sizes and shapes, compositions and color. Although I’m still learning and have far to go, it’s fun to experiment, but it also gives more structure to doodling. Just choose an interesting pattern and combine it into a picture! Here’s an example of a zentangle I found online:
LezaCameron Zentangle simple shape
Faint Heart Art: Zentangles and Inchies ........ draw a zentangle and cut it into inchies!

3 comments:

  1. Are these the ones you drew yourself, or did you find them online? EIther way, I think this is so cool and I definitely want to try it now!

    ReplyDelete