Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Weekend Away

Hmm...not a whole lot has been happening around here...
Missy(my cat) still hasn't had kittens, but she's looking pretty close.
Volley-ball is picking up. We had two games last week (we won one and lost one) and have a few more this week.
I started guitar three weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it. Oh! I almost forgot!
I went camping for the FIRST TIME this weekend! I've never been camping before because my parents don't like it. They would rather stay in a cabin or hotel!=) A friend asked me to join her and her family on a camping trip to Eugine T. Mahony (I'm not exactly sure how to spell that) state park up in Nebraska. We rode up there on Friday afternoon, and got there around 7:00. My friend and I slept in the tent outside while her family got the camper. We found a really nice place to camp...there were lots of tree's around and it was nice and shady. Another plus was that the bathrooms were fairly close (just up the road) to the camp site!
    
     There was lots of stuff to do...paddle boating, horseback riding, archery (I stunk at it!) mini golf, a driving range, and a giant play center made out of an old warehouse. The play center was like the kind at McDonalds (you know the tubes and stuff outside) except much bigger. It's really fun to play hide and seek in!=)
      
     One of the highlights for me was a melodrama we went to. You cheered for the hero, and could throw popcorn at the villain .You could also tip the actors by throwing folded 1 dollar bills onto the stage. They would run over and try to stomp on it while still acting. It was a really interactive play, and was hilarious at the same time. It was kind of an exausting weekend though, but it was a really fun experience

5 comments:

  1. Melodramas are so much fun! I'm glad you got to go and hope you get all rested up for volleyball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a blast, Natalie, and I'm so glad you got to do that! I agree, Melodramas sound awesome and on my Bucket list to go see one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so fun, Nat! The melodrama especially sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! Especially the Melodrama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking about waiting for your cat to have her kittens just makes me think of my husband and me waiting for our daughter to be born! :)

    ALso, sounds like an amazing camping trip!

    ReplyDelete