Saturday, February 15, 2014

Snow Sorbet!

This week, I had absolutely no idea what to blog about...so I decided to bake...(ahem, maybe "make" would be a better word choice) something before the snow melts...snow cream! (I've never tried it, but I've seen it on pinterest. So anyway, here's what was in it:

2 cups snow (it should have been freshly fallen snow, but unfortunately it wasn't)
1 tbs. sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 drops vanilla extract

Directions: Combine sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over the freshly gathered snow and mix until even. If the proportions are off, you can keep adding snow and milk until the consistency seems right.

Surprisingly, it was better than I thought it would be.



After experimenting with that, I thought it would be fun to experiment and make up my own recipe.=) Mmmm. Citrus sounds wonderful, doesn't it? After some experimenting, I came up with this recipe.

Snow Sorbet

Time: 20 minutes                                                                       Serves two people

1 tbs. orange juice concentrate
2 drops lemon extract
1 1 tbs. water
2 tsp. sugar
1 cup freshly fallen snow (keep in the freezer until ready to combine!)

Combine the first four ingredients, and add them to the snow. Stir until even, and place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until the consistency is right!







Hope you enjoy it!
-Natalie

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! That orange citrus version - yum! And I love how refreshing it is. This would be such a fun project to do with Elizabeth and Abigail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried snow ice cream in college once and loved it! I wish I had thought to try it again after our big snow... Maybe we'll have one more before spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed!!!!!! This looks SUPER YUMMY!!! Your photography skills are really growing, girly!

    ReplyDelete