Friday, February 7, 2014

Room Redo!

Over Christmas break, I started on my 4-H project, decorating my room. Here's some pictures!
Before:



 <--- That's my "old desk" . Hannah decided to switch with me!













<--- I decided that I wanted to change the color scheme, but I also didn't want to have to paint my room. I decided on just changing the bedspread, and finding/sewing some fun throw pillows. This could change the feel of the room without spending a ton of money.







 As I already said, I decided to find a versatile bedspread so that if my taste were to change, (and it probably will!) I could easily switch it up.  By sewing throw pillows, I could bring in my accent color (gray) and save money! I asked mom to look for a white comforter, and here's what she found!
She also found some 5.00 blankets that I could cut up and sew into pillows! It's one of my favorite patterns! White and gray chevron!
Okay, I must admit, it was not the easiest stuff to sew with, and my seams aren't very even, but the pillows look fine (well, at least I think so!).

I also used an old, blue shirt we had and used the fabric from that!







                                Pinning and sewing!---->








So anyway, once all that was done, I decided to paint my desk. Hannah and I ended up switching desks, because her's was already white, and all I would have to do was touch it up with some paint. Here's the before pictures!



So anyway, I painted it, and guess what. Before I started, I didn't check the color to see if it matched with my bedspread. BAD IDEA! It turned out to be a creamish color, and it looked absolutely awful beside the bed. I decided there was only one option: repaint the desk. So that next day, I got to work. I checked the color this time! Here's the finished product!

Oh, I spray painted those letters and the vase on the desk! (My grandpa made the letters for me for Christmas two or three years ago!)

 All in all, I'm having a blast doing this! Although there is still more work to do, I'm looking forward to the finished product!



Coming in future posts:

Couch transformation!
(i.e. when I have money to do it!)





5 comments:

  1. Wow, you rock, Natalie! I love love love the color scheme and especially the chevron. You've done a fantastic job with this! I cannot wait to see more (and I'll sign you up to do my room, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Natalie! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH OH OH!!!!!! THIS POST!!! I'm dying over here. When Hannah asked if I'd read it I thought- oh goodness. Nope, I didn't see this one and that's why I was asking all those questions about your room. I thought she meant a different post. *facepalm* It looks absolutely adorable Nat;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nat! This looks awesome!! I love the color scheme and the spray painted letters...good work!

    ReplyDelete