Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hello!

Hey there! This week has been a different sort of week! First off, Civics/Economics class ended last week, and hence, I don't have to go anywhere today (I have more time to finish school! Yeah!). Another thing about this week that's been out of the ordinary, is this Saturday, we burnt our land! Now it looks all black and kind of depressing, but in a couple of weeks, (since we burnt off all the dead grass) it will be green, and super pretty!
Here is a picture of mom watching them burn:
It's kind of blurry because I was taking it from our upstairs window!
Here's some of after the fires died out:



I've also been working on my room and that's been really fun for me. I'm not very good at figuring out what works, and what doesn't, (just ask anyone in my family! I've been coming up with some pretty hideous stuff! =) but it's fun for me to try. I bought a white board/ magnetic board at hobby lobby yesterday, but I have to wait for my dad to hang it for me. For me, patience is not a virtue that comes naturally! Well, as I was saying, I've been working on putting my room together! It's still kind of a wreck (from me pulling stuff out, rearranging furniture etc=) but here are some pictures of my bed in process! I moved it to try to maximize space!
I want to get some throw pillows that pull together the blue walls, and the corral sheets. And in case you're thinking "wow, her room isn't as bad as she says" you should see the other half! I have piles and piles of stuff that I shoved out of the way! I had to spend about 20 minutes cleaning up the small area that you see! So, on that note, I'd better go start cleaning up! Thanks for reading! Adios amiga's! 
-Natalie=)

4 comments:

  1. Natalie that picture of your mom and the fire- I HAVE NO WORDS!!! The colors are stunning!!!! Wow! I love it!
    and your room, you sound like you're having so much fun! And your progress is showing, it looks so good! I really like the ruffly pillow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Natalie. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I love how it captured your mom in the distance with the fire blazing and the smoke rising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie. That picture of your mom was epic!! Did you edit it at all? It looks like something you could do on gimp! Your bed is so cute! I love that color SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoooooaa, I am amazed at that photo of your mom! WOW! I thought it was a pinterest inspiration picture at first. I am also amazed that you guys have prairie to burn! I had never heard of that concept before I moved to Manhattan.

    Also, your bedroom looks so great! I love the barrel as the bedside table and the old-fashioned lamp. And the feathery fabric is so cute!

    ReplyDelete