Wednesday, April 16, 2014

This week: an overview of the highlights


Captives (The Safe Lands, #1)

After about 20 minutes of wasting time on the internet (it wasn't really wasting, just postponing (literally!) this post) I am finally sitting down to write a semi-organized couple paragraphs about my life lately. Well, starting off, you had better put your thinking caps on, because you'll probably will have a hard time following my thinking (because, yes! What in the world could I post about that wouldn't be random, you might ask yourselves!). So anyway, to start off, I've actually had a good week. I'm serious. It hasn't been crazy of stressful (praise the Lord!) and I've actually had time to read! Yes! *stands up and does an incredibly clumsy and what many might call lame dance*
Savanna loaned me a book, and so far, I'm enjoying it! It's called captives by Jill Williamson.

Another thing I am excited about, is I think our cat, Midnight, is pregnant. I'm almost positive (don't tell Hannah that. She is very skeptical of my abilities in diagnosing cats, due to some mistaken diagnosis's!=) (I don't even know if that is a word! This will be her first litter, so the kittens probably won't survive. I'm guessing that Midnight is due in about two weeks, although I could be way off.  =)

Hannah's Birthday was on the 10th (Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I made her go on a treasure hunt to find her gift. *giggles with a hint of mischief* It was really quite hilarious watching her run around the house (I spaced the locations really far apart!=) hehe! Oh well, I made up for it. I gave her a frozen music book to play on the piano. I hope she liked it. Here are some of the clues I came up with. I had fun!

It seems to fly    
when I'm not looking
goes round and round
it's handles ticking

Answer: Clock

The smoke alarm's off again
I'm choked up with smoke
can't handle this cooking
It's gonna give me a stroke!

Answer: Oven

It growls and groans
In unsettling ways
but it's necessary to keep
the frostbite away

Answer: The furnace (it can be really creepy at night. It makes some strange noises!)

It runs without legs
It spins and purrs
Many have dreaded
this mile-length word

Answer: Treadmill

It causes nausea
And even despair
This mind twisting subject
Is hard on the hair

Pages and pages
of hateful equations
but on three twenty two
lies the next clue

Answer: Math book (look on page 322)

So anyway, I had fun with it. =)


Hannah has been watching Lord of the Rings with me! Finally! Guess what she said too? She told me she liked them okay! Yes!!!! I was excited. We watched half of The Two Towers last night. Finally I'll have someone to watch them with me!

I'd better get going! See ya!
Thanks for reading!
Natalie=)


1 comment:

  1. I love your poetry clues - very clever! I remember when we hid my little brother's presents one time, maybe when he was only 8 or so...and he cried! Oops. So much for a fun idea that time!

    ReplyDelete