Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hey everybody, I hope you're having a great week! My week has been pretty crazy (or so it seems) between finishing due assignments, preparing for a five day club etc, etc, etc=) I taught the bible lesson on Jephthah, (I'd never heard that story before!) and Hannah helped out with it. She dressed up as him (beard, bible costume and all!) and I get to interview her!  (She is so funny!=)

This week, I decided to change my room theme (from the accent color gray/chevron) and make the accent color a peachy-coral! I got sheets, and rearranged my room, and have been coming up with some fun ideas!

I also found some fun fabrics at Joanne Fabrics, so I'm pretty excited. One of them is lacy and white, and the other is a kind of burlap. I found the fabric on sale, and only paid 12.00! Yeah for sales!
Here is a picture of one pillow I sewed out of them. (Man, was this hard fabric to work with!)


Here is a picture of the other fabric!


 I am excited! Since I rearranged my room this Saturday, I have some more ideas (yes, I know, I know) although I haven't exactly finished all my other "in progress projects":)
Here's one I hope to work on this week! I found the idea on (surprise, surprise) pinterest!

Make a rug out of any heavy weight fabric and a rubber mat! wow!!!
http://www.allparenting.com/my-home/articles/967055/diy-fabric-rug-tutorial#_pg_pin=534924

I found a tutorial off  the blog "all parenting" It's instructions on how to recover old rugs! I'm gonna give it a shot this week! Hopefully it won't end up in one of those pinterest fail websites=)


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment