Monday, November 26, 2012

16 different reasons why I love winter!!!!!!


Here are 16 different reasons why I love winter...
No allergys!
Snow! You can go sledding!  I love it when it snows, then melts just a little bit, and then freezes over...unfortunately, we have a bunch of thorny locusts trees at the bottom of our hill…so we have to fall off before we reach the bottom!   
Homemade hot chocolate, with a bunch of stale marshmallows left over from last year! (Okay, not really left over from then…but I do love stale marshmallows!) - you can’t have that in the summer!
Sitting by the fire on a cold evening, and playing games as a family.
Getting snowed in. (as long as you don’t have any fun activity’s that you have to cancel.)
Christmas Break!!!!!!
Ice skating
Putting up the Christmas tree…it seems like the lights always break though….=) Decorating, and seeing how many different ways you can set up the manger scene.
Playing sibling tournaments of volleyball two square in the garage.
Going Tuba caroling (my dad plays the tuba) and watching people’s surprised faces when they come to the door!
Watching “A Christmas Carol,” and “It’s A Wonderful Life.”
You can wear scarves!
Being in the angel choir in Bethlehem revisited, and (remember that time we ran into a barbed wire fence on the way to the bathroom?)=)=)
Getting assigned Christmas songs for piano!!!
Baking Caramels, Buckeyes, and Toffee for Christmas!
Most importantly, remembering what Jesus did for us on Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. I love lists, and this is a wonderful one! I'm tempted to make my own. :) I can identify with love for many of those things - especially stale marshmallows, warm fires, Christmas piano songs, and baking (and eating) goodies!

    I loved the picture I got in my head of someone waltzing up to a door with an enormous tuba. You should come caroling to our house! (My husband knows your dad a bit from K-State. He works in the engineering department, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my husband and I were going to go sing in the choir at Bethlehem Revisited this weekend, but we have a conflict, so we're not going to be able to, sadly. We might try to go see it, though! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The barbed wire fence story will forever be my favorite Bethlehem Revisited memory!

    ReplyDelete