Monday, November 26, 2012

It was extremely gorgeous outside yesterday! Wow! 72 degree's! I was excited when I found out we (my sister Hannah and our friend) were going on a walk to the cove. The cove is a place about a mile from where we live, that we can walk to very easily. I was also thrilled that the weather permitted me to wear shorts, and flip-flops in NOVEMBER! Anyway, once we reached the cove, we walked along the very dry, very cracked ground (it hasn't rained in a while.) until we reached the water's edge. Hannah pointed to a fallen tree, and explained that she had come here a few days ago with another one of her friends, and had gone out to the log (To climb onto it) and had gotten muddy. The log was only a few feet out , and it didn't look very muddy to me...so I decided to go out to it and climb onto it. Besides, it looked like fun, and I had flip-flops on, not close-toe shoes. So I took off my flip-flops, and cautiously climbed into the mud and onto the log.
“See!" I yelled back. "It's not THAT muddy!" I only had mud up to my ankles. I stepped down back into the "not very deep mud." Only...my feet didn't stop sinking in at my ankles I kept sinking until it was half way up to my knees. I gasped, and then tried franticly to stumble back to shore. I succeeded, but not without getting really muddy.
Hannah smiled.
“You know Natalie,” she said “It would have been more exciting if you had fallen in.”

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I just finished reading about this adventure on Hannah's blog! Sounds like a pretty fun, but MUDDY, experience. :) How long did it take you to clean your feet..and ankles...and knees...and toes??

    ReplyDelete