Tuesday, January 8, 2013

For those of you who have not met my family, they are extremely competitive, loud, playful, and rather spontaneous at times.=) Starting off, there is my dad. He is an extremely hardworking man, who works hard to provide for us. Although he is busy working two jobs, he always makes time to play with us. Whether it's fishing, baking with my sister, photography with me, air soft gun wars, botchy ball down the hallway, or running all over the house, screaming loudly with my brother while playing nerf gun wars, he always finds time out of the day to spend time with our family. Next, there is my mom, an amazing woman. As many of you know, she homeschools all of us kids, which takes up the majority of her time. She also teaches a boy's writing class for my younger brother and his friends, and a Christian worldview class for Hannah, I, and a few other girls our age. As if that wasn't enough, she is also organizing a recovery ministry at our church, and although she is busy, she makes time with us a priority. Next is my older sister, Hannah. Hannah is a bubbly, bouncy young lady, who strives to honor God in her relationships, and school. One of her many gifts is encouragement, which she has used on many occasions to build up her friends, and always brightens everyone's day.  One of her favorite hobbies is baking, which she is excellent at. Whether it's freshly baked rolls, soft pretzels, bagels, cinnamon rolls,  or delicious experimental soups, she always enjoys blessing her family, and friends. She also is musically gifted, and enjoys playing piano.  Lastly, there is my little brother, Blaize...wow. How do I describe him to you? He is a ball of energy. He enjoys playing football, watching it, playing with lego's, running around outside, shooting his airsoft gun, and annoying his sisters. Another thing about him is that he is always making some sound, usually some sound effect to something he is doing ( like walking, playing with his lego's, etc) which drives us all crazy sometimes, but  he always knows how to make us laugh.

5 comments:

  1. I love it, Nat! You totally got your family in a nutshell:) And let's not forget you: An amazing young lady who is gifted in so many things and is a great blessing to all of us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Natalie! Your descriptions are perfect. And you are also an incredible individual gifted with msuic and photography, not to mention a peacemaker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your descriptions focus on the NICE part of our family. This made me smile. You have a way with words, little sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I'm getting to know your family through your and Hannah's blog posts. :) What a great idea to find ways to describe them - especially focusing on their good qualities! What a blessing to have a family who loves the Lord AND each other so much. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, Mrs. Mann, I'm afraid I have to inform you that Natalie focused on all the GOOD characteristics of our family... (being the sweet, optimistic person that she is.) My mom chuckled when she heard your comment... while we do love each other and Jesus, God still has a LOTTA work to do in each of us, especially ME!

      Delete