Monday, April 22, 2013

This week, we celebrated my little brother's 12 birthday, and he truly is a miracle. Although I sometimes don't admit it half the time, he's  a great brother, even if he does annoy me sometimes! My little brother was born early at almost 5 pounds, and most doctors thought he would either be severally handicapped, or autistic. As soon as he was born, they transferred him to Topeka to the neonatal intensive care unit. All I really remember is going to see him there. I don't really remember a whole bunch about it (because I was only about three at the time), but all I do remember walking into the room with my dad, and seeing him hooked up to a bunch of tubes and stuff. I don't think it quite "registered" that this little guy was my brother. After about 2 weeks, he was released from the hospital, and named Blaize (my dad wanted the "i" ) because they knew he would have to fighter to survive. Anyway, I think he turned out okay (ha ha). He's really a comedian, and loves making people laugh, and being the center of attention. He's really into air soft guns right now, and loves tramping all over the property with his friends, and playing war. Not really my idea of fun, and he hasn't convinced me yet to play with him either=) He's also really good at math, but he'd rather be building Lego's, or color sorting his air soft pellets, or Lego's (yup, he's pretty strange=). We love him though, his quirks and all...=)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Blaize! Some of my friends were going to the party yesterday but it was rainy. When do you have it next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you let your brother know how much you appreciate him! It took me several years to really appreciate my little brother (who is 5 years younger and actually has a similar traumatic birth story), but I have grown to appreciate his maturity and kindness and ability to show love to people so much over the past several years!

    ReplyDelete